Our customer is a company for rental power and temperature control solutions. They are a group of people that bring their personal and professional energy to every project in every part of the world. It is not the energy of their rental solutions that makes the difference. It’s the energy of the people. Dedicated experts, who really want to know everything and assume nothing. Only then they can provide solutions that really work, today and tomorrow.
LEGAL COUNSEL – ad interim (0,8 – 1,0 fte) 3 – 6 maanden
The main goal for Legal counsel is to service the company in all legal matters and related issues which may arise in any of the company’s business units/countries and custom solutions projects. The Legal counsel is the counterpart of management and supports decision making from a legal point of view and is also responsible for the coordination of legal matters handled by outside counsels.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute to the formulation of the company’s legal strategy and policies;
- Advise corporate and local management in all legal matters and issues, including mergers andacquisitions;
- Translate business opportunities into the legal terms and conditions, introduce standardsframework contracts and contracts clauses for all routine legal documents and businessexposures;
- Review, draft and negotiate all contracts and statutory legal documentation including tenderand other commercial documents for corporate, business units ensuring adherence to companypolicy and all other legal requirements;
- Ensure principles of Corporate Governance are maintained;
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, statutory requirements and supportive processes;
- Prepare shareholders meeting including necessary documents for decision making for thecompany and its group companies in Europe;
- Ensure all company legal documentation and records are up to date and registered at theappropriate (governmental) organizations;
- Coordinate the contracts and contacts with the lawyers of local law firms in the variouscountries where the company is active; manage litigation with 3rd parties at corporate level;
- Actively prepare and manage the claim record;
- Monitor developments in areas of law related to the business;
- Committed to work according to company QHSSE guidelines and ensures support oncontinuous improvement at all applicable areas within the organization, this includes implementation of the GDPR.
Skills and requirements
(University) degree in corporate law or other law degree
8 years or more experience in corporate law in an international business setting
Experience in negotiations of contracts terms and conditions in an international environment
Other relevant knowledge or skills
Fluency English; other European languages are desirable;
Strong communicator who can convince people;
Ability to balance commercial opportunities and legal risks;
Sharp legal brains and a high degree of professional and commercial knowhow and skills, dueto event/project driven, non-routine nature of work, particularly in the custom solution project organization.
If you are interested mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org For further information on this job you can call Fred Seegers on mobile number +31 (0)6-22207662.