Support IP related activities, e.g. basic screening of patent applications and granted patents in close consultation with internal Legal and IP departments, collect and organize documentation needed for IP related activities. Assist in IP matters in a broad sense.
With over 1,200 seed varieties in 25 vegetable crops, the organization is a world-renowned brand in the hybrid seed industry. The breeding programs are able to deliver innovative products which in turn help improve their customers business growth and profitability. With more then 2.000 employees, they are present in all major vegetable production areas around the globe.
Major tasks and responsibilities
- Interacts with Legal, IP and R&D-colleagues on regular basis;
- Keeps up to date with R&D developments;
- Ensures effective support for patent applications and for other IP matters;
- Performs basic searches of granted patents and published patent applications and initiates follow-up;
- Assists the Patent Counsels and the Global Head of Legal with IP-related processes and meetings as may be appropriate (minutes, agenda’s, follow-up, procedure writing etc.);
- Coordinates administration of Invention Disclosure Forms and collecting of other documents (data, prior art, publications);
- Performs prior art searches;
- Coordinates seed deposits;
- Supports streamlined communication between Patent Counsels, Legal, R&D and other Staff;
Qualifications (Education, skills, experiences and personal characteristics necessary for success in this position)
- Masters degree legal IP
- Ability to work independently and effectively, learn quickly, exercise good judgment, demonstrate flexibility, maintain composure while working under pressure of interruptions and changing priorities with strict deadlines.
- Ability to maintain absolute reliability and confidentiality in handling proprietary technologies and discoveries, sensitive legal documents and other information.
- Good organisation, planning and excellent communication abilities required
- Patience, understanding, diplomacy, ability to negotiate, optimism, common sense and persistence to deal effectively with various personalities, authorities and cultures.
- Basic understanding of relevant R&D methodologies, processes, standards and Legal/ IP terms
- Competencies: self-propelling, analytical, convincing, problem solver, entrepreneur, team player
If you are interested mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information on this job you can call Fred Seegers on mobile number +31 (0)6-22207662.